Every first week of March the Nation celebrates "National School Breakfast Week."
(5) Healthy Breakfast Ideas
- Always include a whole fruit or vegetable
- Choose whole grain or enriched over white bread.
- Oats are a great companion
- 100% juice is a great choice
- Mix 1 cup of egg whites with 1 egg for a high protein low calorie alternative.
Did you know "National School Breakfast Week was launched in 1989 to raise awareness of the availability of the School Breakfast Program to all children."
Post any ideas to help our school promote healthy school breakfast.